Wednesday, May 19, 2010

W for Wayback Wednesday (Part 2)

Before we jump into the Wayback Machine today, lovely reader, I want to remind you to enter my birthday chocolate contest!! The deadline is Sunday, May 23, 7 p.m. central. Good luck!

Welcome to another edition of Wayback Wednesday! If you'd like to, you can catch up by reading Part 1 first. We’re gonna jump into the Wayback Machine and travel to Tuesday, August 22, 2006…

So this is what a heart attack feels like!!

I think if I were anymore nervous and/or excited about tomorrow, I'd probably spontaneously combust!

I gave myself a pedicure tonight.  My toenails are a cute sparkly peachy-pink color called "golden sand" and fingernails are soon to follow.  As I sit here waiting for my toenails to dry, I'm thinking about which sandals I'll wear to play mini golf tomorrow.  Then, I'm horrified when I realize that maybe I shouldn't wear sandals at all.  WHAT WAS I THINKING?!??  Why did I paint my toenails?!?!?  Why did I want to draw attention to my weird toes?!?!?  I think it's way too early for M to find out about my weird, webbed toes.  Yes, you read that right.  WEBBED!!  

The first and second toes on each foot are connected more than they should be.  I've been told it's not tremendously noticeable if I don't point it out, and if people don't know what they're looking for, but why risk it?!?!?  Why don't I think these things through?  I totally should've waited to start dating until fall. You know, real shoe season.  Then, I'd have plenty of time for a guy to fall madly in love with me before he realizes I have odd toes.  Oh god.  I think I'm going to stop breathing.

1....2...3...breathe...4...5...6...brea-- Oh, screw it!  Counting to ten and breathing isn't going to help!!!  I'll just have to wear the sandals that hide those toes, but still show some of my cutely painted toenails.  I mean I seriously tested the boundaries of my flexibility trying to paint the damn things in the first place!  I've gotta at least show them off a little bit.  Yeah.  Okay, that'll work!  Now, I just have to rethink my whole outfit to go with those particular sandals.  Dammit!!!  It totally sucks being a girl sometimes!  Geeeeeeeeeez.  Well, at least this all gives me something to do instead of sitting here worrying about how tomorrow will go.

One of my biggest fears at this point:  I show up, see him, he sees me, and then he pretends he's not him so that he can leave.  How horrifying will that be??!?!?  Odds of that happening, I think, are slim to none.  I mean he seems like a really cool, really nice guy and he seems to like me so far.  He asked me out, for cryin' out loud, so I don't know why I worry so much.  My other fear is that, after our short game of mini golf, he'll decide to just go home.  "Well, that was fun.  See ya later," he'll say as he walks away, never to be heard from again.  Again, probably being ridiculous, I know.  I just can't help it though!!!

This dating thing is so nerve-wracking.  With the way my mind (and heart) races, the shaking, and the sweating, I think dating should really be considered an extreme sport.  I don't know why I thought I was ready for this!!!!

I know I'm not going to sleep a wink tonight.  I barely slept at all last night.  It was ridiculous--all the thoughts running through my mind, both good and bad.

T minus 22.5 hours and counting!  Ohmygodohymgodohmygodohmygod...I don't know if I'm gonna make it!!!!!!!!  I feel like I'm having a heart attack.  If I feel like this right now, I'm going to be a complete frickin' mess tomorrow.  I must find something to make me calm down!!!!

I'm off to paint my fingernails.  If I can quit shaking long enough to actually do a decent job, that is...

Creative Commons License

4 comments:

  1. I hate all that come along with dating. I have gone 2 dates with a guy and now he is acting all weird and what not.

    I love these post by the way!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I was never good at dating.

    Thank God I can put that behind me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a lot in that post, but the big thing for me is that you need to post a picture of your feet so I can see what your toes look like. I'm totally curious now.

    Thinking about ever having to date again gives me the shakes. I have no interest in it and I hope that I never ever have to go through it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaha, I think EVERY girl is like this the day before a date. There's just so much to think about! :) And who on earth would notice webbed toes? Nobody looks at toes. Ever. If you had webbed arms, that might be a different story...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to comment! Readers like you make me want to continue writing. I will do my best to reply to your comment by either commenting on your blog or by sending you an email. In order for me to send you an email, which I really really like to do, because it's a more personal response, you need to put your email address somewhere on your blog or in your blogger profile. Also, can you please make sure to leave me a link so that I can come and visit your lovely blog? Thanks a bunch!

I hope to see you back here again soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails